Tweet

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Hello Fujifilm X-T1

Having said goodbye to Nikon in Feb 2014 and welcome to Sony NEX6 I have just changed again.

Now the NEX 6 served me well for 18 months, including 6 weeks travelling around Australia. I also took a Sony RX-100 II, which I still have and use all the time.

I have a lifelong interests in birds and visit the local hides occasionally where I take a few photos once I get over the embarrisment of my kit being so puny compared to the big boys with their long Canons.  To this end I purchased a Sony A65 and added the Sony 55-300mm lens.

The kit performed OK but I was unsure whether it was wise to invest heavily into Sony A-mount and it still did not focus and track that well

The at my local LCE shop in Worcester I got my hands on an Olympus OM-10 and thought "this is the one for me"! Got so close to buying it but decided to wait until the Birmingham NEC Photos  Show in March. So I began selling Sony kit and saved my money.



Then I got to read and handle the Fujifilm X-T1, love at first sight. Reminded me so much of my Nikon SLRs in the old film days.

So now I am happy owner of Fujifilm X-T1 with 18-55 XR 2.8-4, 55-200 XR f3.5-4.5 and 60XR f2.8 Macro. 



However still not the best kit for birding, or indeed movies, so now I am considering complementing this kit with Canon 70D, or maybe 760D or even used 7D but will wait until the late June firmware release from Fuji which has some interesting updates to the AF especially for tracking and speed.

No comments: