Tweet

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Why I chose Panasonic Lumix GX1

As discussed in my previous post I had a short list of cameras for my travel and walking consisting of
  • Panasonic Lumix G3
  • Canon G12
  • Fuji X10
  • Nikon P7100

Well I finally decided on a G3 kit which I hoped to purchase when visiting Focus-on-Imaging show in NEC. In deed Camera World were selling the standard kit for £400. However they were also selling the GX1 for £600 and including the EVF (view finder) at no extra coat. Now this retails for £200-230 and I had dismissed the GX1 as it would have been twice as much as the G3 although the new power zoom lens was very compct and ideal for travel and a metal body.

The EVF is the Mark 2 with 1.44 Megapixels and very clear.

Masses to learn but so far very pleased. It has the keen amateur as its prime user with such controls as

  • Mode Dial
  • Exposure +- dial
  • Manual focus magnifier
  • Customisable quick menu and function buttons
  • RAW (incidently Apple just updated Lion to support GX1 Raw

No comments: