Like many other people I generate a lot of digital images, so I am always looking for ways to reduce time in processing them. Currently I
- Take photos in Nikon D90 and Canon G9
- I set both to record RAW and JPG
- After downloading to PC I review JPGs through Picasa, using Picasa to make quick improvements. (Note Picasa does not change original)
- I grade them by adding star onto better ones
- Star photos I load equivalent RAW into Photo Shop Elements 6 and edit, saving final JPG at maximum quality.
- I merge these "RAW" JPGS with original JPG from step(3) and export to a work folder,
because I want to review them in FastStone Image Viewer which will not process Picasa edits. Exporting them applies the edits before exporting but again does not change original jpg.
- Use excellent caparison features in FastStone Image Viewer to select best photo (not always the RAW based one) and to choose between similar photos, deleting ones not required
- Use FastStone Image Viewer rename facility to create names, keeping original camera sequence number and building up name and finally adding date-time stamp to name.
- Return to Picasa which I use to add keyword tags.